Saturday, September 13, 2008

August 30th, Goodbyes

August 30th, Goodbyes

I packed this morning. That was about all I did. I was able to watch the “The Third Man”. It was neat to see what Vienna had looked like after the war. I couldn’t wait to go on the Ferris wheel. I went out one last time to say goodbye to Vienna. I walked to the mall and walked into the pet store, where I saw the ferrets, rats, mice, spiders, birds and other various kinds of creatures that were for sale. I walked into Billa one more time with Jennifer who bought like 100 pounds of chocolate for her family. Went back to Stephensplatz and walked around the area, looking for last minute souvenirs. We eventually headed our way over to the amusement park, where we would have one last good look at Vienna. The Ferris wheel was fun. It was fun to spot different landmarks around Vienna that I was able to recognize. Afterwards we had our farewell dinner at Centimeter, where I had the best original tasting Budweiser ever. It truly was the king of all beers. After a delicious meal, I headed back to the apartments to finish up the last bit of cleaning. The whole trip was a great experience to learn about a different culture and to experience it through sights, smells and tastes. I am already missing Vienna as a write this before I leave to go home. There was so much history to learn, and besides history I was able to learn so much about the culture and more about the human race that shares the same planet as me. I hope to come back soon. I am already looking into teaching abroad here. It would be great to come back and relive this experience again. Auf wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Amy said...

now that you are home, whats your plans? Did you get my friends e-mail from China about teraching over seas? I hope all is well and love your blog!