Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Sunday, August 17th, 2008.
Woke up Sunday morning, had another traditionally Austrian breakfast (cucumbers, sandwiches, cereal...). We left Salzburg to catch a train to Hallstatt. I was a little disappointed because I felt like I didn't get to see much of Salzburg. I really had want to go see the fortress there, but it was closed. Next time I guess. We arrived at Hallstatt and had to take a boat across the lake (The boat was names Stefanie! I think I will change my name to Stefanie. Here is Austria I keep seeing mugs or keychains with my name spelled with an "f". Alissa, I know how you feel now!) Took a long time to find a hotel to stay at because a couple of people were really grumpy and rude. Well I ended up staying at a nice cheap hotel. It had leather seats, a flat screen TV and a very modern bathroom. Most of the group went to go have dinner at the place on the lake where Steve Ricks had apparently eaten there. I didn't go because I didn't want to eat fish there or pay 40 Euros for a dish. I ended up eating a delicious delicacy, it was called a hot dog. Walked across the whole town in 10 minutes. Went to a playground and had some fun there. At the playground they had a zip line, a slide that went right in to the lake (which felt like ice!), and some other fun stuff. I think that the playgrounds here are more fun than the ones in California. I saw a group of swans in the lake. It was a very nice evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment