It was a relaxing Saturday. I was enjoying the morning, not rushing things. I was getting ready to go to the Haus Der Musik, when all of a sudden it started pouring rain. It was nice to get some rain. Hopefully one of these days I would get to experience a true Austrian storm. I got on the subway and headed to the museum. I guess I ended up taking the long way, but that was okay because I was able to see more of Vienna on foot. I am starting to get a sense of direction around here. I still don't know which was it North or South. I haven't been paying attention to where the sun rises and sets. One day I will figure it out-if I have the time. The Haus Der Musik (The House of Music) was probably one of my most favorite places I visited. It was not just your ordinary Classical composer exhibit. It was more into the sensation of sounds, the pitch, sound waves and such. One room in particular was very interesting. It was a room that was suppose to give you the idea of what it is like to be in a womb. It had the heartbeat sound as well a low vibrating frequency. Later on there were rooms dedicated to different composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, Strauss, Schubert and many more. In the room dedicated to Beethoven they had one of his original doors to one of his apartments. Another great part of that exhibit was that they had these old fashioned telephones in which you can hear the different stages of deafness that Beethoven went through. It was interesting to see how the music culture was since the time of these great Classical music composers. It has been a very long tradition in Vienna and it is great that it still exists through the opera, new artists and even the theatre. In the museum I was able to conduct the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra through a virtual video. Due to my musical background, I was able to last longer than everyone else there! I wouldn't mind going back there. It was great to how much Vienna was greatly affected by the fascinating world of music. The Haus Der Musik was a great interactive and experimental place to learn more about the tradition. Later on that night, I met up with some friends and went to go have a drink at a sports bar. We tried a couple of other places, but those places were closing early. It took us awhile to find a place where we could get something. It was a nice place and it had a friendly atmosphere. We only stayed for 30 minutes because we wanted to take the subway back to our place before they closed it down at 12. "The moment is supreme." Schubert. Especially here in Vienna. * This is Saturday, August 9th's post*
Sunday, August 10, 2008
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.”-Beethoven
It was a relaxing Saturday. I was enjoying the morning, not rushing things. I was getting ready to go to the Haus Der Musik, when all of a sudden it started pouring rain. It was nice to get some rain. Hopefully one of these days I would get to experience a true Austrian storm. I got on the subway and headed to the museum. I guess I ended up taking the long way, but that was okay because I was able to see more of Vienna on foot. I am starting to get a sense of direction around here. I still don't know which was it North or South. I haven't been paying attention to where the sun rises and sets. One day I will figure it out-if I have the time. The Haus Der Musik (The House of Music) was probably one of my most favorite places I visited. It was not just your ordinary Classical composer exhibit. It was more into the sensation of sounds, the pitch, sound waves and such. One room in particular was very interesting. It was a room that was suppose to give you the idea of what it is like to be in a womb. It had the heartbeat sound as well a low vibrating frequency. Later on there were rooms dedicated to different composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, Strauss, Schubert and many more. In the room dedicated to Beethoven they had one of his original doors to one of his apartments. Another great part of that exhibit was that they had these old fashioned telephones in which you can hear the different stages of deafness that Beethoven went through. It was interesting to see how the music culture was since the time of these great Classical music composers. It has been a very long tradition in Vienna and it is great that it still exists through the opera, new artists and even the theatre. In the museum I was able to conduct the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra through a virtual video. Due to my musical background, I was able to last longer than everyone else there! I wouldn't mind going back there. It was great to how much Vienna was greatly affected by the fascinating world of music. The Haus Der Musik was a great interactive and experimental place to learn more about the tradition. Later on that night, I met up with some friends and went to go have a drink at a sports bar. We tried a couple of other places, but those places were closing early. It took us awhile to find a place where we could get something. It was a nice place and it had a friendly atmosphere. We only stayed for 30 minutes because we wanted to take the subway back to our place before they closed it down at 12. "The moment is supreme." Schubert. Especially here in Vienna. * This is Saturday, August 9th's post*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Looking to the rising sun, to your left would be north. Right would be south. Sun sets in the West.
You should thank your parents for giving you a wonderful background in music.
Post a Comment