Sunday, August 10, 2008
Taking a Break...Sunday
What a week. I can't believe it has been a whole week. I felt like I had accomplished a lot, but when I look at my "Bucket List-for Vienna" I had barely made a dent in it. Today I felt like not doing much. I figured I could have one lazy day this month. I guess that was today. If you have been wondering about my posts and how the days are off, that is because this website I am using has been down and I wasn't able to post anything up until the next day. Anyway...back to my lazy Sunday. In some ways it was productive...but mostly not. I tidied up my room, cleaned the kitchen(well all I had was a dish and a cup to clean...the rest belonged to my suite-mate)and swept the floors. I ended up going to this park called Stadt-Park, where I had a hot dog and an ice-cream cone. My friend and I are addicted to the ice cream here. We are going to see if we can go at least 3 days without getting some ice cream. We figured we walk more to make up for it, and we really do. At the park and around the city, I was able to observe the natives in their natural habitat. Those who have dogs are very interesting. On the subway the dogs must have a muzzle around its nose, obviously to keep them from bitting. In Sacramento, dogs are not even allowed on the light rail. However, once of the train, most of the owners don't really use a leash. Some do, but those who don't use one, their dogs obediently follow them. They are well trained. In California, it's pretty much the law to have a dog on a leash, especially in a park. I guess the Viennese people are more relaxed with the rules than Californians are. Or maybe I wasn't that observant in California to start with. When I observe the people here in Vienna, I feel as if this city is a huge melting pot where different cultures come here together, melting together. There are times when I feel like I should be in Germany or Italy, or even Turkey. There are so many different kinds of people living here. I guess Vienna is all about celebrating the different kinds of cultures, and it makes Vienna more interesting and fascinating. Well I better go for now. Tomorrow I am going to be visiting with a U.S. ambassador of the International Atomic Energy Agency. Sounds like fun and plus I heard that there will be brownies there! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
HI Cousin!
I am so excited to hear that you are off on the adventure of a lifetime!!!
Have a great time and I will enjoy reading about your adventures on here:)
Cristin
When I walked my dog, I walked her with a lease up to the park. Right near the sign "Dogs must be on a leash" is where I would let her go. She mostly stayed near me. When she go too far, she'd hear her name and she would come back to me.
Lots of different folks here in my country to. Unemployed, lazy, no thinkers, drug addicts, employed politicians who are not working to solve our budget problems or social issues, atheists, Christians, Christians who say they believe but really don't know anything about their faith, Jews and all other types of faith.
Post a Comment