Monday, August 11, 2008

Der Botschafter...

Visiting a U.S. ambassador was a great experience. Although I had researched earlier about the International Atomic Energy Agency and their mission, the presentation that was given was not all new to me. Still it was fun to sit there and enjoy the very nice view of Vienna. However, the downside of the visit was the brownies. I consider myself a brownie expert. The brownies were not as great as I thought they were a bit to dry and they tasted like store bought brownies. Oh well. I did learn more about the Congress of Vienna. Apparently they did a lot of dancing in the Congress of Vienna. The Ambassador, Gregory Schulte, pointed out the differences of diplomacy since the Congress of Vienna. It's great how the IAEA wants to pursue peaceful use of nuclear energy. We of course discussed Iran's use of nuclear power. That was an interesting topic. Well I am going to get ready for the alps. We leave tomorrow morning and we will come back Thursday evening. On Friday I will be leaving to go to Salzburg and won't be back till Monday.
Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: