Friday, August 1, 2008
The Long Flight
I left Sacramento pretty early Thursday morning, July 31. My flight all together was over 14 hours, not including the layover times. When I landed in Washington D.C., I saw that there were a lot of tourists at the airport. A lot were from France. It was a long 7 hour flight over the big pond. I landed in Frankfurt International. It was a huge airport. However the people that were working there were not so friendly. It was mostly the women who had that look that said, "What do you want?" I think that they hated the fact that they had to speak English to the customers. One lady that worked there had started speaking German to me. I just nodded my head, pretending I understood. Then she told me in English where to go. The language barrier is going to be difficult to overcome. Thankfully most of them speak some English. My room is nice, and I have an interesting roommate. I have a nice kitchen were I can cook most of my meals and a balcony from my own room. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. I have orientation and a tour of the city. I'm going to go catch up on my sleep, even though it is 8 o'clock here. My feet are very swollen and my eyes are drooping as I type this. Well, until next time, I'm Stephanie. (Get it? That's what Rick Steve's says!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment